National Diploma in Computer Science
This syllabus is designed to produce technically competent graduates to meet National middle-level manpower needs in Computer Science.
A Product of this programme should be able to:
- Install and manage a Computer system.
- Design and run efficient programmes in a wide spectrum of field, and in various languages.
- Advise on the installation and management of Computer facilities.
- Detect technical faults in a Computer installation.
- Carry out routine (preventive) maintenance of Computer facilities.
Entry Requirements as specified in the NBTE standards:
The entry requirements into National Diploma Computer Science programme are as follows:-
- Four credit level passes in GCE a�?Oa�? level or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) at not more than two sittings. The four subjects must include Mathematics, Physics, English language and any other subject.
- Four credit passes in an NBTE recognized preliminary National Diploma course offered in a Polytechnic or similar post secondary technical institution. The credit passes must include mathematics, physics, English language and any other subject.
- A pass in Computer Foundation Examination (CFE) of Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN). The student must be prima fascia qualified as in (1) above.
The duration of the programme is two academic sessions consisting of four semesters of 18 weeks each.