National Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
Goal & Objectives
- Power generation
- Power transmission distribution and utilization
- Telecommunications and other related industries.
More specifically, diplomats of the programme should be able to;
- Construct simple electrical and electronic circuit when necessary for use in modification or as a part of a system;
- Assemble, install and test-run simple electrical and electronic equipment;
- Carry out both preventive and corrective maintenance on simple electronic/electrical installation, equipment and appliances;
- Select and use appropriate instruments to carry out simple tests and measurement on all types of electrical and electronic installation and equipment under various operating conditions.
- Operate relevant equipment and installations whenever required;
- Prepare simple bills of quantities and specifications related to electrical/electronic engineering works;
- Coordinate and supervise craftsmen in activities related to electrical/electronic engineering services.
- Maintain a personal logbook to record his daily and weekly activities for each semester.
National Diploma (ND)
The entry requirements for National Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology are:
1. Four credit level passes at Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent at not more than TWO sittings. The four subjects must include Mathematics, Physics and any TWO other science subjects. At least a pass in English Language is required.
2. The National Technician Certificate (NTC) in electrical trade with credit passes in Mathematics, Physics and ONE other subject. Also, a pass in English Language is mandatory.
The duration of the programme is two academic sessions consisting of four semesters of 18 weeks each.